Sent: 23 Dec 2008
Hi folks, a happy Christmas to all Strawbs fans - it's been a great Strawbs
year, loads of CD releases, lots of live shows and I'm looking forward to
another good year next year.
Happy holidays, back early next year.
* Cry No More - another Farewell - 27 Dec 2008
* Dave Cousins - solo gig - 9 Feb 2009
* Acoustic Strawbs - Jan/Feb 2009 dates
* Electric band dates - 2009
* Secret Paths In Galaxie Folk/Roots charts
* These Foolish Things
CRY NO MORE - ANOTHER FAREWELL - 27 DEC 2008
Don't say goodbye .... again ... to our perennial Christmas decorations,
Chas and Roy, strutting their stuff at the Turks Head, St Margarets,
Twickenham TW11 1LF on 27 Dec 2008.
Doors, 8.30, ends 12.00 midnight.
gives phone number as 0871 917 0007
For a map go to http://tinyurl.com/96ddpu
Tickets can be reserved by phone. You can pay when you pick up your tickets
on the night.
DAVE COUSINS - SOLO GIG - 9 Feb 2009
Just announced - a rare opportunity to see Dave's solo show.
Mon 9 February 2009 venue TBA, Isle of Wight
ACOUSTIC STRAWBS - JAN/FEB 2009 DATES
Kicking off with their regular fixture at Kings Heath, the Acoustics
include a quick Italian jaunt in their early 2009 itinerary.
Saturday 10 January 2009 - Red Lion Folk Club, Kings Heath
Friday 16 January 2009 - The Wesley Centre, Maltby
Saturday 24 January 2009 - Square Chapel Centre For The Arts, Halifax
Tuesday 27 January 2009 - The Hoy at Anchor Folk Club, Leigh-On-Sea
Thursday 29 January 2009 - The Rondo Theatre, Bath
Saturday 31 January 2009 - The Arc Theatre, Trowbridge
Thursday 5 February 2009 - Swindon Arts Centre, Swindon
Friday 6 February 2009 - Pontardawe Arts Centre, Neath
Sunday 8 February 2009 - Arts Centre, Isle of Wight
Saturday 7 February 2009 - Little Civic, Wolverhampton
Thursday 12 February 2009 - Dal Verme Theatre, Milano, Italy
Sunday 15 February 2009 - Norden Farm Centre for the Arts, Maidenhead
Friday 20 February 2009 - Ovington Social Club, Ovington
Saturday 21 February 2009 - The Running Horse, Nottingham
ELECTRIC BAND DATES - 2009
There are dates currently being booked for the electric line-up in Canada
in March 2009 and in the UK later in the year. Whilst some venues are
advertising dates, the tour as a whole is not yet finalised and I do not
have full details, - hope to have these early in the New Year.
There is no news as yet as to John Hawken's replacement.
SECRET PATHS IN GALAXIE FOLK/ROOTS CHARTS
Roch Parisien, Producer, Galaxie Folk/Roots writes with the Galaxie
Folk/Roots Channel's Top Spins of 2008 (Based on high rotation airplay
frequency between December 2007 and November 2008 and producer preference):
1. Eliza Gilkyson --- Beautiful World --- (Red House)
2. Mary Gauthier --- Between Daylight and Dark --- ((Lost Highway/Universal)
3. Emmylou Harris --- All I Intended to Be --- (Nonesuch/Warner)
4. Robert Plant/Alison Krauss --- Raising Sand --- (Rounder/Universal)
5. Jacob Golden --- Revenge Songs --- (Echo/Chrysalis)
6. Mark Olson --- The Salvation Blues --- (Hacktone)
7. Chumbawamba --- The Boy Bands Have Won --- (PM Press/Trade Root)
8. Punch Brothers --- Punch --- (Nonesush/Warner)
9. Jackson Browne --- Solo Acoustic Vol. 2 --- (Inside)
10. Mark Erelli --- Delivered --- (Signature Sounds)
11. James Taylor --- One Man Band --- (hearmusic/Universal)
12. Steve Earle --- Washington Square Serenade --- (New West)
13. Dave Cousins --- Secret Paths --- (Witchwood)
14. Fleet Foxes --- Fleet Foxes --- (Sub Pop)
15. Levon Helm --- Dirt Farmer --- (Vanguard/Fusion III)
16. Battlefield Band --- Dookin' --- (Temple)
17. Michael Jerling --- Crooked Path --- (Fool's Hill/Waterbug)
18. Justin Townes Earle --- The Good Life --- (Bloodshot/Koch)
19. Dan Tyminski --- Wheels --- (Rounder)
20. Chuck Brodsky --- Two Sets --- (Waterbug)
THESE FOOLISH THINGS
And finally .... there's a Strawberry Fools mini-website with some pictures
from our performance at the Christmas Party and the extensive and strenuous
rehearsals which preceded that event. Video and audio clips to follow.
Check it out at www.strawberryfools.co.uk.
STRAWBSWEB - www.strawbsweb.co.uk
"You'll scarcely believe all the pleasures inside"