Thought for many years to be a Canada only 2LP release, this selection, which originated in Canada, picked up mainly on the longer, epic tracks which the Canadian market loved - a different and interesting collection. The UK and US markets had their own double LP retro a year later, The Best Of The Strawbs. Such was A&M Canada's love for the Strawbs, they too had a version of that.
Recently a South African copy of this album has come to light.
As per original albums.
The inner spread has some great photos. Click on them for bigger versions.
1. Cousins Hooper & Chesterman in afghans at Osterley Park
2. The "picnic shot", used for the "Forever" single ad and in the Japanese From The Witchwood release
3. An early shot of the Grave New World band, used in the Choice Selection CD
1. A promo pic taken at union town Sudbury in the US to promote "Part Of The Union"
2. The white tuxedo shot used on the back of Hero And Heroine
3, An otherwise unknown shot of the "augmented" line up (both Mealing and Kirby were paid sessions players rather than full band members) which recorded Deep Cuts and Burning For You - from left to right: John Mealing, Chas Cronk, Dave Lambert, Robert Kirby, Rod Coombes, Dave Cousins.